Peculiarities of the fatty acid composition ofBdellovibrio
- 28 Downloads
The fatty acid composition of twelveBdellovibrio strains isolated upon the growth on bacteria of various taxonomic groups was studied. A dependence of the lipid composition of bdellovibrios on that of bacteria they were parasitizing on was shown. Data pointing to the selective incorporation of fatty acids of host bacteria by bdellovibrios were obtained.Bdellovibrio membranes were shown to contain monounsatured fatty acids with different positions of double bonds indicating that there are at least two alternative mechanisms of synthesis of these acids in the parasites.
KeywordsFatty Acid Composition Monounsaturated Fatty Acid AdoMet Host Bacterium ALLN
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Allner R., Hoerger V., Bader R.E.: Vergleichende Untersuchungen über den Gehalt an langkettigen verzweigten und nicht verzwigten Fettsäuren vonBdellovibrio bacteriovorus, einer syprophytischen Mutants undEscherichia coli.Zbl.Bakt.Parasit.Infekt.Hyg. I Orig. A.,218, 87 (1971).Google Scholar
- Andreev L.V.: Regulation of fatty acid composition of bacteria and its being physiologically determined, p. 77 inRegulation of Biochemical Processes in Microorganisms (in Russian), Proceedings of Symposium, Pushchino 1979.Google Scholar
- Andreev L.V.: General regularities and specific peculiarities of biosynthesis and metabolism of lipids in procaryotes. Cellular level of investigation, p. 75 inBiosynthesis and Metabolism of Lipids in Microorganisms (in Russian). VASKHNIL, Moscow 1981.Google Scholar
- Andreev L.V., Bobyk M.A., Guelin A.: Sur la composition en acides gras des microvibrions marins.Compt.rend. Ser. D,288, 173 (1979).Google Scholar
- Andreev L.V., Galchenko V.F.: Fatty acid composition and identification of methanotrophic bacteria.Dokl.Akad.Nauk SSSR 239, 1465 (978).Google Scholar
- Andreev L.V., Sklifas A.N.: On chemotaxonomic aspects of lipid metabolism in bacteria, p. 3 inBiochemistry and Biophysics of Microorganisms (in Russian). Gorky University Publishers, Gorky 1977.Google Scholar
- Afinogenova A.V., Romay Penabad Z., Konovalova S.M., Churkina L.G., Lambina V.A.: Comparison characteristic ofBdellovibrio strains isolated from river and sewage waters. (In Russian)Mikrobiologiya 50, 378 (1981).Google Scholar
- Guelin A.M., Mishustiha I.E., Andreev L.V., Bobyk M.A., Lambina V.A.: On some aspects of ecology and systematics of marine microvibrions.Izv.Akad.Nauk SSSR, Ser.Biol. 3, 438 (1978).Google Scholar
- Kuenen J.G., Rittenberg S.C., Incorporation of long-chain fatty acids of the substrate organism byBdellovibrio bacteriovorus during interperiplasmic growth.J. Bacterial. 121, 1145 (1975).Google Scholar
- Nikitin D.I., Andreev L.V., Kotova O.M.: Medium conditions and cycles of development of oligotrophic soil microorganisms, p. 217 inMicrobial Ontogenesis (in Russian). Nauka, Moscow 1971.Google Scholar
- Vaczi R.:The Biological Role of Bacterial Lipids. Budapest Acad. Kiadó, Budapest 1973.Google Scholar