Effect of boseimycin on some enzyme systems ofBacillus subtilis
- 14 Downloads
The effect of boseimycin on thein vitro activity andin vivo synthesis of alkaline phosphatase, aconitase and lactate, isocitrate, glutamate and alanine dehydrogenases was studied inBacillus subtilis. At a subinhibitory concentration, synthesis of glutamate dehydrogenase was stimulated but alkaline phosphatase, lactate dehydrogenase and aconitase synthesis was inhibited. On the contrary, boseimycin inhibited slightly the activity of lactate dehydrogenase in cell-free extracts. Glutamate dehydrogenase and aconitase activities were not affected.
KeywordsBacillus Subtilis Sodium Azide Isocitrate Glutamate Dehydrogenase Subinhibitory Concentration
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Anfinsen C. B.: Aconitase from pig heart muscle.Methods in Enzymol. Acad. Press Inc., N.Y. 1, 695 (1955).Google Scholar
- Korstberg A.: Lactic dehydrogenase of muscle.Methods in Enzymol. Acad. Pres. Inc. N.Y. 1, 441 (1955).Google Scholar
- Mishra T. K.: Comparative studies on the effects of boseimycin and streptomycin inBacillus subtilis.Gurr. Sci. 40, 440 (1971).Google Scholar
- Mishra T. K., Mandi P.: Effects of boseimycin on different cellular processes inBacillus subtilis. Symp. “Control Mechanisms in Cellular Processes” B.A.R.C., Govt. of India, Bombay, pp. 615, 1973.Google Scholar
- Ochoa S.: Isocitric dehydrogenase system (TPN) from pig heart.Methods in Enzymol. Acad. Press Inc., N.Y. 1, 699 (1955).Google Scholar
- Steecker H. J.: L-Glutamic dehydrogenase from liver.Methods in Enzymol. Acad. Press Inc., N.Y. 2, 220 (1955).Google Scholar