Optical spectroscopy of the X-ray sources around the Seyfert galaxy NGC3516—probable evidence for non-standard cosmology
- 20 Downloads
In order to check the nature of the redshifts of the quasars, six X-ray sources around the Seyfert galaxy NGC3516 have been investigated, among which five were observed spectroscopically. The results show that the six sources, S1102 + 7246, S1108 + 7226, Q1106 + 7244, Q1105 + 7242, Q1105 + 7238 and Q1107 + 7232 are active galactic nuclei. Their redshifts are 0.089, 0.328, 0.690, 1.399 and 2.10, respectively. The unique characteristics of these active galactic nuclei seem to support the non-standard cosmology model.
KeywordsNGC3516 active galactic nucleus redshift
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Radecke, H. -D., X-ray sources <1 degree from seyfert galaxies,Astronomy and Astrophysics, 1997, 319: 18.Google Scholar
- 3.Arp, H., Identification of X-ray sources <1 degree from seyfert galaxies,Astronomy and Astrophysics, 1997, 319: 33.Google Scholar
- 4.Veron-Cetty, M. -P., Veron, P., A catalogue of quasars and active nuclei,ESO Scientific Report, 1996, (17): 1.Google Scholar
- 5.Monet, D. G.,USNO-A1.0, Washington DC: USNO, 1996.Google Scholar
- 6.Arp, H., Pairs of X-ray sources across Seyferts: the NGC4235 field,Astronomy and Astrophysics Letters, 1997, 328: L17.Google Scholar
- 8.Arp, H., Bi, H., Chu, Y. et al., Periodicity of quasar redshifts,Astronomy and Astrophysics, 1990, 239: 33.Google Scholar
- 9.Zhu, X., Chu, Y., The redshift periodicity distribution of the multi-quasars associated with low redshift galaxies,Acta Astronomica Sinica, 1990, 31: 132.Google Scholar
- 10.Arp, H., A QSO 2.4 arcsec from a dwarf galaxy—the rest of the story,Astronomy and Astrophysics Letters, 1999,341: L5.Google Scholar