On energy-momentum tensors as sourcesof spin-2 fields
- 30 Downloads
The improvement terms in the generalised energy-momentum tensor of Callan, Coleman and Jackiw can be derived from a variational principle if the Lagrangian is generalised to describe coupling between ‘matter’ fields and a spin-2 boson field. The required Lorentz-invariant theory is a linearised version of Kibble-Sciama theory with an additional (generally-covariant) coupling term in the Lagrangian. The improved energy-momentum tensor appears as the source of the spin-2 field, if terms of second order in the coupling constant are neglected.
KeywordsEnergy-momentum tensor Kibble-Sciama theory matter fields spin-2 fields
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- de Alfaro V, Fubini S, Furlan G and Rosetti C 1973Currents in Hadron Physics (North Holland Publishing Company, Amsterdam)Google Scholar
- Bayen F 1970Nuovo Cimento A68 1970Google Scholar
- Lord E A 1975J. Math. Phys. to be publishedGoogle Scholar
- Mack G and Todorov I 1968ICPT, Trieste, preprint IC/68/86Google Scholar
- Panday R C 1973Bhaotikee report RCP/AU-7305041 (University of Allahabad)Google Scholar
- Sciama D W 1963 inRecent Developments in General Relativity (Pergamon) 415Google Scholar