Multiplicity results for a Neumann problem withp-Laplacian and non-smooth potential
- 56 Downloads
A multiplicity theorem for a non-smooth homogeneous Neumann problem withp-Laplacian is established through a locally Lipschitz continuous version of the Brézis-Nirenberg critical point result in presence of splitting. Some special cases are then pointed out.
Key words phrasesp-Laplacian elliptic hemivariational inequalities elliptic equations with discontinuous nonlinearities multiple solutions
2000 Mathematics Subject Classification35J20 35J85 49J40
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Denkowski Z., Migorski S., Papageorgiou N. S.,An Introduction to Nonlinear Analysis: Theory, Kluwer/Plenum, New York, 2003.Google Scholar
- Livrea R., Marano S. A., Motreanu D.,Critical points for nondifferentiable functions in presence of splitting, J. Differential Equations, to appear.Google Scholar
- Marano S. A., Papageorgiou N. S.,On a Neumann problem with p-Laplacian and non-smooth potential, submitted for publication.Google Scholar
- Motreanu D., Panagiotopoulos P. D.,Minimax Theorems and Qualitative Properties of the Solutions of Hemivariational Inequalities, Nonconvex Optim Appl.,29, Kluwer, Dordrecht, 1998.Google Scholar
- Rabinowitz P. H.,Minimax Methods in Critical Point Theory with Applications to Differential Equations, CBMS Reg. Conf. Ser. Math.,65, Amer. Mat. Soc., Providence, 1986.Google Scholar
- Showalter R. E.,Monotone Operators in Banach Spaces and Nonlinear Partial Differential Equations, Mat. Surveys Monogr.,49, Amer. Math. Soc., Providence, 1997.Google Scholar