Analysis of general second-order fluid flow in double cylinder rheometer
- 96 Downloads
The fractional calculus approach in the constitutive relationship model of second-order fluid is introduced and the flow characteristics of the viscoelastic fluid in double cylinder rheometer are studied. First, the analytical solution of which the derivative order is 1/2 is derived with the analytical solution and the reliability of Laplace numerical inversion based on Crump algorithm for the problem is verified, then the characteristics of second-order fluid flow in the rheometer by using Crump method is analyzed. The results indicate that the more obvious the viscoelastic properties of fluid are, the more sensitive the dependence of velocity and stress on fractional derivative order is.
Keywordsdouble cylinder rheorneter second-order fluid fractional calculus
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Liu Ciqun, Huang Junqi, Analytical solution for equations of unsteady flow fo non-Newtonian fluids in tube,Applied Mathematics and Mechanics (in Chinese), 1989, 10(11).Google Scholar
- 2.Yan Zongyi, Wang Huiming, Zhuang Fengyuan. Inertial effection of Maxwell fluid in double cylinder rheometer, inThe 4 th National Conference on Multiphase, Non-Newtonian and Physiochemical Fluids Mechanics (in Chinese), Xi’an: Petroleum College Press, 1993.Google Scholar
- 3.Slonimsky, G. L., Laws of mechanical relaxation processes in polymers,J. Polym. Sci. C, 1967, (16): 1667.Google Scholar
- 7.Li Jian, Jiang Tiqian, The research on viscoelastic constitutive relationship model with factional derivative operator, inThe National Rheological Conference (in Chinese), Guangzhou: South China Technological University Press, 1993.Google Scholar
- 9.He Guangyu, The application of new numerical inversion method of Laplace transform in analyzing vertical fracture flow, inProceedings of International Petroleum and Petrochemical Techniques Conference (in Chinese), Beijing: Petroleum Industrial Press, 1994, 7.Google Scholar