Synthesis of spiro-cyclopropane derivatives containing multiple chiral centers
- 90 Downloads
Tandem asymmetric double Michael addition/internal nucleophilic substitution of the novel chiral source, 5-(l-menthyloxy)-3-bromo-2 (5H)-furanone with nucleophilic alcohol compounds has been investigated. The tandem asymmetric reaction can afford four new stereogenic centers with one reaction and give optically pure spiro-cyclopropane derivatives 5a–5d which are difficult to obtain by routine methods. The synthetic method for 5a–5d was studied in de-tail and the new compounds were identified on the basis of their analytical data and spectroscopic data, such as [α]20, IR,1H NMR,13C NMR, MS and elementary analysis. The absolute configuration of the sprio [5-l-menthyloxy-3-bromobutyrolactocyclopropane-3”, 3’ (4’-methyloxy-5’-menthyloxybutyrolactone) ] (5a) was established by X-ray crystallography. The work can provide important synthetic strategy in synthesis of some new optically active spiro-cyclopropane analogues and some biologically active molecules with complex structure.
Keywords5-(l-menthyloxy)-3-bromo-2(5H)-furanone tandem reaction asymmetric double Michael addition /internal nucleophilic substitution crystal structure spiro-cyclopropane derivatives with multiple chiral centers
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Seyden-Penne, J.,Chiral Auxiliaries and Ligands in Asymmetric Synthesis, New York: John Wiley & Sons Inc., 1995, 43.Google Scholar
- 2.Wang Yuhai, Chen Qinghua, Studies on the synthesis of novel chiral compounds of purine and pyrimidine bases,Science in China (in Chinese), Ser. B, 1998, 28(6): 531.Google Scholar
- 3.Van Oeveren, A., Jansen, J. F. G. A., Feringa, B. L., Enantioselective synthesis of natural dibenzybutyrolacton lignans (-)-enteroctone, (-)-hinokinin, (-)-pluviatolide, (-)-enterodiol and furofuran lignan(-)-eudesmi via tandem conjugate addi- tion to γ-alkoxybutenoides,J. Org. Chem., 1994, 59: 5999.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 4.Feringa, B. L., De Jons, J. C., New strategies in asymmetric synthesis based on γ-alkoxy butenolides,Bull. Soc. Chim. Belg., 1992, 101(7): 627.Google Scholar
- 5.Chen, Q. H., Geng, Z., Huang, B. et al., Synthesis of a new ehiral source 5-(l-metnhyloxy)-2(5H)-furanone and the study of asymmetric Michael addition reaction,Youji Huaxue (Organic Chemistry) (in Chinese), 1991, 11: 494.Google Scholar
- 6.Chen Qinghua, Zhou Chang, Industrial synthesis of optically active compounts,Youji Huaxue (Organic Chemistry) (in Chinese), 1994, 14: 1.Google Scholar
- 7.ChenQinghua, Geng Zhe, A new chiral source optically pure 5-(l-menthyloxy)-3, 4-dichloro-(5H)-furanone, its synthesis and structure,Acta Chimica Sinica (in Chinese), 1993, 51: 622.Google Scholar
- 10.Huang, H., Chen, Q. H., Synthesis of diastereomerically pure spiro-cyclopropane derivatives containing multichiral centers,Tetrahedron: Asymmetry, 1998, 9(23): 1403.Google Scholar