Kinetics and mechanism of hydrogenation of some olefins catalysed by anchored montmorillonitebipyridinepalladium(II) acetate
- 31 Downloads
Kinetics of hydrogenation of some olefins such as 2,5-furandione,cis-butenedioic acid,trans-butenedioic acid,cis-methylbutenedioate andtrans-methylbutenedioate catalysed by anchored montmorillonitebipyridinepalladium(II) acetate have been studied in THF medium. The observed rate was found to be first order with respect to partial pressure of hydrogen and fractional order with respect to both [catalyst] and [substrate]. The rate of hydrogenation follows the trend: 2,5-furandione>cis-butenedioic acid>trans-butenedioic acid>cis-methylbutenedioate>trans-methylbutenedioate. Thermodynamic parameters were evaluated, the rate law and a probable mechanism have been proposed.
KeywordsOlefin catalytic hydrogenation anchored catalyst montmorillonite kinetics of hydrogenation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Choudary B M and Bharati P 1987J. Chem. Soc., Chem. 19 1505Google Scholar
- Ermakov Yu I, Kuznetsov B N and Zakarov V A 1981Catalysis by supported complexes (Amsterdam: Elsevier)Google Scholar
- Hartley F R 1985Supported metal complexes. A new generation of catalysts (Dordrect: D Reidel)Google Scholar
- Pittman C V 1980Polymer supported reactions in organic synthesis (eds) P Hodge and D C Sheringlas (New York: Wiley)Google Scholar
- Quale W H and Pinnavaia T J 1979Inorg. Chem. 18 1840Google Scholar
- Shimazu S, Teramoto W and Uematsu T 1993Nippon Ion Kokan Gokkaishi 4 123Google Scholar
- Vogel A I 1979A text book of practical organic chemistry (London: Longman)Google Scholar