Aerodynamic stability of cable-stayed bridges under erection
- 101 Downloads
In this work, nonlinear multimode aerodynamic analysis of the Jingsha Bridge under erection over the Yangtze River is conducted, and the evolutions of structural dynamic characteristics and the aerodynamic stability with erection are numerically generated. Instead of the simplified method, nonlinear multimode aerodynamic analysis is suggested to predict the aerodynamic stability of cable-stayed bridges under erection. The analysis showed that the aerodynamic stability maximizes at the relatively early stages, and decreases as the erection proceeds. The removal of the temporary piers in side spans and linking of the main girder to the anchor piers have important influence on the dynamic characteristics and aerodynamic stability of cable-stayed bridges under erection.
Key wordsCable-stayed bridge Erection stage Aerodynamic stability Nonlinear multimode aerodynamic analysis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Ge, Y.J., Tanaka, H., 2000a. Aerodynamic flutter analysis of cable-supported bridges by multi-mode and full-mode approaches.J Wind Engrg Indust Aerodyn,86: 125–153.Google Scholar
- Larsen, A., 1995. Prediction of Aeroelastic Stability of Suspension Bridges during Erection. Proceeding of 9th International Conference on Wind Engineering, New Delhi, p.917–927.Google Scholar
- Song, J.Z., 1998. Wind-resistant Research on the Jingsha Bridge over the Yangtze River. Research report, State Key Laboratory of Disaster Reduction in Civil Engineering, Tongji University, Shanghai (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Tanaka, H. 1998. Aerodynamics of Long-span Bridges during Erection.In: Larsen, A., Esdah, S. (Eds.), Bridge Aerodymics. Balkema, Rotterdam, p. 119–127.Google Scholar
- Xiang, H.F., 1999. Experimental Study on the Aerodynamic Parameters of Typical Deck Sections. Research report, State Key Laboratory of Disaster Reduction in Civil Engineering, Tongji University, Shanghai (in Chinese).Google Scholar