Trace elements in galena and sphalerite and their geochemical significance in distinguishing the genetic types of Pb-Zn ore deposits
- 355 Downloads
This paper deals with the trace elements Ag, Sb, Bi in galens and Fe, Mn, Cd, Se, Te, Ga and In in sphalerite from 60 Pb-Zn deposits in China and other countries. The contents of the selected trace elements and their ratios show regular variations from one type of Pb-Zn deposits to another. These elements or their ratios are plotted onto Pb-lnAg, lnSb-lnBi, lnGa-lnIn, Fe-Cd, Fe-Cd-Mn and Zn/Cd-Se/Te-Ga/In diagrams. On the basis of these diagrams, the deposits associated with magmatism(type I), those associated with volcanism(type II), the sedimentary-reformed deposits (type III) and sedimentary-metamorphic deposits(type IV) can be well distinguished. Types I and III have the definite fields in all the diagrams. Types II and IV also have their own fields in lnGa-lnIn and Zn/Cd-Se/Te-Ga/In diagrams. The author considers that these diagrams are applicable to distinguishing the genetic types of Pb-Zn deposits.
KeywordsGenetic Type Hydrothermal Deposit Trace Element Geochemistry Trace Element Feature Select Trace Element
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Jonasson, I.R. and Sangster, D.F.,Geol. surv. Canada, 78-1B(1978), 195–201.Google Scholar
- Zhao Zhenhua,«Geochemistry», Shanghai Science and Technology Press, Shanghai, (1984), 190–267.Google Scholar
- Song Xuexin,Rock and Mineral Analysis, 3, 1(1982), 37–44.Google Scholar
- Tong Qianming,Rock and Mineral Analysis, 3, 4(1984), 322–330.Google Scholar
- Zhang Quisheng et al.,Geology and Minerogenesis of the Early Precambrian in China, People’s Publishing House of Jilin Province, 1984, 265–298.Google Scholar
- Huang Jingcong and Wang Yaping,Acta Mineralogica Sinica, 2(1984), 173–178.Google Scholar
- Pankratiev, P.V. and Mihailova, U.V.,The Stratiform Ore Formations of Pb-Zn Deposits in Uzbekstan, SSSR, Publishing House of the Uzbekstan Republic, 1981, 26–84 and 106–148.Google Scholar
- Guo Shiqin,Rock and Mineral Analysis, 3, 4(1984), 330–336.Google Scholar
- Cheng Yuqi et al.,A Collection of Academic Papers on Geology for International Exchange — presented to the 27th International Geological Congress, 4(1985), 311–320.Google Scholar
- Wang Yumin,Geol. of Mineral Deposits, 1(1983), 21–29.Google Scholar
- Tu Guangchi et al.,«Geochemistry of the Strata-bound Deposits in China», 1(1984), Science Press, Beijing, 20–24.Google Scholar