Relations of core mass-stellar luminosity and core mass-stellar radius for AGB and FGB stars
- 135 Downloads
The relations between core mass and stellar luminosity and radius for AGB and FGB stars are systematically investigated with the latest stellar models. A single unique relation between the core mass and giant’s luminosity is obtained. The core mass-giant’s radius relations are given for both Pop I and Pop II stars. The core mass-giant’s luminosity relation is almost independent of the stellar parameters, such as stellar metallicity, mixing length parameter α, and stellar winds. The core mass-giant’s radius relation is somewhat affected by the parameters. The giant’s radius at anM c (core mass) for Pop II is smaller than that for Pop I (by a factor of ≈ 1.5). A larger mixing length parameter α also tends to reduce the giant’s radius.
Keywordsevolution basic relations AGB FGB
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Paczynski, B., Stellar evolution from main sequence to white dwarf or carbon ignition,Acta Astr., 1970, 20: 47.Google Scholar
- 2.Refsdal, S., Weigert, A., Shell source burning stars with highly condensed cores,A & A, 1970, 6: 426.Google Scholar
- 3.Kippenhahn, R., On the core mass luminosity relation,A & A, 1981, 102: 293.Google Scholar
- 4.Jeffery, C S., On the core-mass-shell-luminosity relation for shell-burning stars,MNRAS, 1988, 235: 1287.Google Scholar
- 6.Rappaport, S., Podsiadlowski, Ph., Joss, P. C. et al., The relation between white-dwarf mass and orbital period in wide binary radio pulsars,MNRAS, 1995, 273: 731.Google Scholar
- 7.Uus, U., Evolution of stars M = 1.5, 2, 3 and 5M on the stage of growth of a carbon core,Nauk Inf., 1970, 17: 32.Google Scholar
- 8.Rogers, F. J., Iglesias, C. A., Radiative atomic Rosseland mean opacity tables,Ap JS, 1992, 79: 507.Google Scholar
- 9.Eggleton, P. P., The evolution of low mass stars,MNRAS, 1971, 151: 351.Google Scholar
- 10.Han, Z., Podsiadlowski, Ph., Eggleton, P. P., A possible criterion for envelope ejection in asymptotic giant branch or first giant branch stars,MNRAS, 1994, 270: 121.Google Scholar
- 12.Anderson, J., Accurate masses and radii of normal stars,A & A Rev., 1991, 3: 91.Google Scholar
- 13.Bessell, M. S., Brett, J. M., Scholz, M. et al., Colors of extended static model photospheres of M giants,A & AS, 1989, 77: 1.Google Scholar