Synthesis and characterisation of molybdenum (V) and (VI) complexes of 2, 6-diformyl-p-cresol-bis[4-(X-phenyl) thiosemicarbazone]
Molybdenum (V) and (VI) complexes of novel ligand 2,6-diformyl-p-cresolbis [4-(X-phenyl) thiosemicarbazone] (where X=−H,o-CH3,m-CH3,p-CH3,p-OCH3 andp-Cl) are synthesised and characterised on the basis of elemental analyses and magnetic, IR, UV, EPR, and NMR spectral studies. The complexes have the composition [MoO2LH] and [MoOClLH]. The Schiff bases behave as dibasic tetradentate SNON donor ligands.
KeywordsMolybdenum (V) and (VI) complexes thiosemicarbazone
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bhattacharjee S and Bhattacharyya R 1993J. Chem. Soc., Dalton Trans. 1151Google Scholar
- Bhattacharjee S and Bhattacharyya R 1995Proc. Indian Acad. Sci. (Chem. Sci.) 107 343Google Scholar
- Denton D A and Suschitzky 1963J. Chem. Soc. 4741Google Scholar
- Klayman D L, Bartosevich J F, Griffin T S, Mason C J and Scovill J P 1979J. Mednl. Chem. 22 853Google Scholar
- Sen A K and Gupta S K 1962J. Indian Chem. Soc. 39 628Google Scholar
- Vogel A I 1969A text book of quantitative inorganic analysis 3rd edn (London: ELBS, Longmans Green)Google Scholar