Preparation of Al2O3−SiO2−TiO2−ZrO2 composite ceramic membranes by Sol-Gel method
- 163 Downloads
Al2O3−SiO2−TiO2−ZrO2 supported membranes were prepared by Sol-Gel method. These composite ceramic membranes are level, even and no macro crack. There exist several crystalline phases such as Al2O3, TiO2 (anatase), Al2SiO5, and ZrO2 in these membranes. Changing the molar ratio of Al:Si:Ti:Zr, the kinds and content of crystal phases of composite membranes could be different, which may lead to a variety of microstructure of membranes. The surface nonoscale topography and microstructure of membranes were investigated by XRD, SEM, AFM, EPMA. The effects of additives and heat treatments on the surface nanoscale topography and microstructure of composite ceramic membranes were also analyzed.
Key wordssol-gel method Al2O3−SiO2−TiO2−ZrO2 composite ceramic membranes surface nanoscale topography microstructure
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Gan Guoyou, Guo Yuzhong, Su Yunsheng. Films via Sol-Gel Technique and Its Applications.Journal of Kunming University of Science and Technology, 1997 22(1):142Google Scholar
- Huang Xiaorong, Huang Zhongtao. Microstructure of γ-Alumina Membrane Prepared by Sol-Gel Method.Journal of the Chinese Ceramic Society, 2000, 28(2): 173Google Scholar
- Du Yongjuan, G H Frischat. Study of the Surface Topography of TiO2 and Al2O3−TiO2−SiO2 Coatings on Glass with Atomic Force Microscopy.Journal of East China University of Science and Technology, 1998, 24(4): 452–457Google Scholar
- M. Machida, Kiyoshi, K Keizer, H Verweij,et al. Coating of Sol-Gel Particles for Membrane Applications.Journal of Sol-Gel Science and Technology, 1997, 8: 523–527Google Scholar
- Du Y, Frischat G H. Al2O3−SiO2−TiO2 Composites Prepared by the Alkoxide Route. In: Gang F, ed.Proceeding of 17th International Congress on Glass, Beijing China, the Chinese Ceramic Society, 1995, 4: 187–192Google Scholar