On a class of c-sample weighted rank-sum tests for location and scale
- 44 Downloads
A class of c-sample (cε2) non-parametric tests for the homogeneity of location or scale parameters is proposed and their various properties studied. These tests are based on a family of congruent interquantile numbers, and may be regarded as the c-sample extension of a class of two sample tests, proposed and studied by Sen . A useful theorem on the asymptotic distribution of the proposed class of statistics is established. With the aid of this result, the asymptotic power-efficiency of the proposed class of test is studied and comparison is made with other test procedures. Location-free scale tests are also considered.
KeywordsAsymptotic Normality Asymptotic Efficiency Scale Alternative Joint Probability Function Joint Characteristic Function
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- H. Cramér,Mathematical Methods of Statistics, Princeton University Press, 1946.Google Scholar
- M. Dwass, “Some k-sample rank order tests,”Contributions to Probability and Statistics, Essays in honor of Harold Hotelling (Edited by I. Olkin et al) Stanford Univ. Press, 1960.Google Scholar
- A. M. Mood,Introduction to the Theory of Statistics, McGraw Hill, New York, 1950.Google Scholar
- M. L. Puri, “On some tests of homogeneity of variances,”Tech. Report IMM-NYU 338, New York Univ. Courant Inst. Math. Sc., 1964.Google Scholar
- P. K. Sen, “On stochastic convergence of sample extreme values from distributions with infinite end-points,”Jour. Ind. Soc. Agri. Stat., 16 (1964), 189–201.Google Scholar
- T. J. Terpestra, “A non-parametric k-sample test and its connection with II-test,” Report S(92) (VP2) ofStat. Dept. Math. Centre, Amsterdam, (1951).Google Scholar