Trace element abundance relationships in the multi- stage comagmatic fractional crystallization and their applications
- 40 Downloads
In this study a mathematical expression of trace element abundance relationship for the multi-stage comagmatic fractional crystallization has been established, based on geochemical studies of the Emeishan basalt- trachyte series and adjacent mafic-ultramafic layered intrusions, as well as on the available data for basalt, andesite, dacite and rhyolite series in southern Andes, Chile, which have been well documented. It is demonstrated that the abundance constant (R) for a given trace element at different stages of fractional crystallization of a parental magma is highly variable, which can be used as a criterion to divide fractional crystallization stages.
Key wordsmagmatic fractional crystallization trace element abundance relationship
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Frey, F. A., D. H. Green, and S. O. Roy, 1978, Intergrated models of basalt petrogenesis: a study of quartz tholeiites to olivine melilitites from southeastern Australia utilizing geochemical and experimental petrological data: J. Petrol., v. 19, p. 463–513.Google Scholar
- Gerlach, D. C., F. A. Frey, H. Morono- roa, and Li. Lopez Escobar, 1988, Recent volcanism in the Puychue- Cordon Coulle region, southern Andes, Chile (40. 5 S), petrogenesis of evolved lava: Journal of Petrology, v. 29, p. 333–382.Google Scholar
- Hanson, G. N., 1989, An approach to trace element modeling using a simple igneous system as an example: Reviews in Mineralogy, Mineralogical Society of America, v. 21, p. 79–97.Google Scholar
- Wang Yunliang, Li Juchu and Wang Wangzhang, 1989, Abundance model of trace elements and origin of Emei basalts: Mineral and Rocks, v. 9, p. 100–105 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Wang Yunliang, Wang Wangzhang, Li Juchu and Han Wenxi, 1990, Fractional crystallization of magma in Baima layered intrusions: Bulletin of Chengdu College of Geology, v. 17, p. 46–56 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Wang Yunliang, Wang Wangzhang, Li Juchu and Han Wenxi, 1990, The petrogenesis of Baima layered gabbroic and alkaline rocks: Journal of Geology of Sichuan, v. 10, p. 163–170 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Wang Yunliang, Li Juchu and Han Wenxi, 1992, Relations among trace element abundances in multi- stage magma fractional crystallization: Acta Petrologica et Mineralogica, v. 11, p. 42–51 (in Chinese).Google Scholar