Electrochemical characterisation of porous iron electrodes
- 44 Downloads
Porous iron electrodes containing metal additives have been used in nickel-iron cells. The impedances of these electrodes were measured over a wide range of frequency 104 Hz to 10−2 Hz in 6 M KOH + 0·63 M LiOH solutions. Using a cylindrical pore model, porosity and its related parameters were calculated. It is found that Hg and S provide favourable porosity and thus enhance the discharge capacity.
KeywordsPorous iron electrode Faradic impedance electrochemical charaterisation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Delevie R 1967Advances in electrochemistry and electrochemical engineering (eds.) P Delabay (New York: Interscience) vol. 5, p. 329Google Scholar
- Gabrielli C 1984 Identification of electrochemical processes by frequency response analyser, Technical Report number 004/83, Solatron Instruments, FranceGoogle Scholar
- Hordman C C 1972 Westinghouse Electric Corporation, US Pat 3679482Google Scholar
- Jayalakshmi M and Muralidharan V S 1991Br. Corros. J. 26 123Google Scholar
- Jayalakshmi M and Muralidharan V S 1991Indian J. Technol. (in press)Google Scholar
- Linden D 1984Handbook of batteries and fuel cells (New York: McGraw-Hill) vol. 20, p. 1Google Scholar
- Lindstorm O B 1978US Patent 4078120Google Scholar