Pulse radiolysis of some aromatic sulphoxides in aqueous solutions
- 10 Downloads
Reactions ofe aq − and H-atoms with aromatic sulphoxides such as dibenzyl, diphenyl and di-4-chlorophenyl sulphoxides have been studied at various pH values and the spectral and kinetic properties of the transients determined.e aq − addition to dibenzyl sulphoxide was found to lead to the scission of the C−S bond giving benzyl radicals, but such bond breakage was not observed in other cases.
KeywordsPulse radiolysis aromatic sulphoxides transients
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Fielden E M 1984The study of fast processes and transient species by electron pulse radiolysis (eds) J H Baxendale and F Busi (Dordrecht: D Reidel) p. 49Google Scholar
- Guha S N, Moorthy P N, Kishore K, Naik D B and Rao K N 1987Proc. Indian Acad. Sci. (Chem. Sci.) 99 261Google Scholar
- Kishore K and Asmus K D 1989J. Chem. Soc. Perkin Trans. 2 2079Google Scholar
- Mittal J and Hayon E 1972Nature (Phys. Sci.) 240 20Google Scholar
- Veltvisch D and Asmus K D 1982J. Chem. Soc., Perkin Trans. 2 1147Google Scholar
- Veltvisch D, Janata E and Asmus K D 1980J. Chem. Soc., Perkin Trans. 2 146Google Scholar