Transimination and reduction of imines usingnadh models
- 44 Downloads
Schiff bases prepared from aromatic aldehydes and alicyclic amines undergo transimination and reduction with 3,5-dicarboethoxy-2,6-dimethyl-1,4-dihydropyridine, as thenadh model in the presence of aromatic amines in acetic acid. This sequence of steps is analogous to a similar chemical mechanism proposed for glutamate dehydrogenase. In the absence of thenadh model, only the transimination process is observed.
KeywordsTransimination nadh models imines 1,4-dihydropyridines glutamate dehydrogenase N-arylideneanilines N-benzylaniline N-benzylidenecyclohexylamine
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Enzyme nomenclature (Amsterdam: Elsevier) 1965 p. 76Google Scholar
- Lowe J N and Ingraham L L 1974An introduction to biochemical reactions, (New Jersey: Prentice Hall) Ch. 3, p. 99Google Scholar
- Singh S, Trehan A K and Sharma V K 1978Tetrahedron Lett. 5029Google Scholar
- Singh S and Sharma V K 1979Tetrahedron Lett. 2733Google Scholar
- Singh S, Chinna S, Sharma V K and Sachdev S S 1982J. Chem. Soc. Chem. Commun. 453Google Scholar
- Smith E L, Austen B H, Blumenthal and Nyc J F 1975The Enzymes, (ed.) P D Boyer. (New York: Academic Press) Vol. 11, 357Google Scholar
- Snell E E and DiMari S J 1970The enzymes, (ed.) P D Boyer (New York: Academic Press) Vol. 2, p. 335Google Scholar