Measurement ofL-shell photoelectric cross sections in highZ elements at 37 and 74 keV
- 29 Downloads
L-shell photoelectric cross section measurements have been made at 36·818 and 74·409 keV for four elements in the range 81 ≤Z ≤ 92. The measurements at 74·409 keV are found to agree with theory, within experimental uncertainties, but the experimental values at 36·818 keV are found to be higher than the theoretical predictions. The possible reasons for the observed discrepancy are discussed.
KeywordsPhotoelectric interaction fluorescent x-rays
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Hertz H 1887Ann. Phys. 31 983Google Scholar
- Hubbell J H and Veigele Wm. J 1976NBS Tech. Note 901Google Scholar
- Lay H 1934Z. Fys. 91 533Google Scholar
- Scofield J H 1973 Lawrence Livermore Lab. Report No. UCRL 51326 (unpublished).Google Scholar
- Singh M J and Sood B S 1972Nuovo Cimento B8 261Google Scholar
- Singh M J and Sood B S 1970Curr. Sci. 39 129Google Scholar