Cyclic voltammetric studies on gallium film electrodes in alkaline media
- 130 Downloads
Using cyclic voltammetric techniques the electrochemical behaviour of gallium in alkali media has been investigated. Three anodic peaks, one cathodic peak, and a secondary anodic peak—an observation hitherto unreported—are obtained. Detailed analyses of these various stages of oxidation and reduction based on their peak potential and peak current characteristics have revealed the nature of the underlying electrochemical reactions.
KeywordsCyclic voltammetry on gallium anodic oxidation of gallium mechanism of oxide film growth
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bard A J (ed.) 1978Encyclopaedia of electrochemistry of the elements (New York: Marcel Dekker) vol. 8, p. 207Google Scholar
- Delahay P 1954New instrumental methods in electrochemistry (New York: Interscience) chap. 6Google Scholar
- Lezhava T I and Vagramyan 1965Sov. Electrochem. 1 275Google Scholar
- Selekhova N P, Lyubimova N A and Leikis D I 1972Elektrokhimiya 8 721Google Scholar
- Varadharaj A 1984Some contributions to the electrochemistry of gallium—cyclic voltammetric studies in alkali and alkaline gallate solutions, PhD thesis, Madurai Kamaraj UniversityGoogle Scholar
- Varadharaj A and Prabhakara Rao G 1984Proc. Third International Symposium on Advances in Electrochemical Science and Technology (Karaikudi: SAEST)Google Scholar
- Varadharaj A and Prabhakara Rao G 1989J. Electrochem. Soc., India 38 1Google Scholar