Synthesis and structure of purine derivatives as antitumor effects
- 33 Downloads
The nucleophilic substitution reaction of 6-chloro purines (I) with malononitrile and ethyl cyanoacetate is carried out in DMSO and in the presence of an alkali. The possible tautomeric-ylidene form for the products is considered and discussed in view of IR, UV, NMR and mass spectral determinations. The derivatives were tested for their antitumor activities.
Keywords6-Chloro-9-aryl-9H-purines purinylidenes antitumor activity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Bloch, A.: Synthesis and crystal structure of 4-(2-deoxy-β-D-erythro-pentofuranosyl)-6-methyl-1,2,4-triazin-3(H)-one-1-oxide, a structural analogy o thymidie,New Leads Cancer Ther. 1, 65 (1981).Google Scholar
- 5.Moharram, H.H.: Reactions with purine derivatives: synthesis of arylamino purines of antitumor effects,Arch. Pharm. Res. (1988) (submitted).Google Scholar
- 6.Mizuno, Y.: Extension of malonic ester synthesis to the heterocyclic series,Chem. Pharm. Bull. (Tokyo),2, 225 (1954).Google Scholar
- 7.Hayashi, E.: Purines II, on 6-(methylsulfonyl)-9-phenyl-9H-purine,J. Pharm. Soc. (Japan),99, 201 (1979).Google Scholar
- 8.El-Bayouki, K.A.M.: Purine derivatives for the regulation of plant growth,Eur. Patent. Appl., Ep 155,911;Chem. Abstr. 104, 186245C (1986).Google Scholar
- 9.Hayashi, E.: Purines III, Reaction of 6-chloro-9-phenyl-9H-purine with carbanion,J. Pharm. Soc. (Japan) 99, 205 (1979).Google Scholar
- 10.Bellamy, L.J.: IR spectra of complex molecules, John wiley and sons, Inc. New York, N.Y. p. 255 (1988).Google Scholar
- 11.Mason, S.F.: Purine studies, part II. The Ultra-violet absorption spectra of some mono-and polysubstituted purines,J. Chem. Soc. 2071 (1954).Google Scholar
- 12.Matsuura, S.: Heterocyclic chemistry. part II. Nuclear magnetic resonance studies of purines and pteridines,J. Chem. Soc. 623 (1965).Google Scholar
- 13.El-Bayouki, K.A.M.: Ethylchloroformate (DMF) in organic synthesis: (I) A novel reagent for ring closure of 1-aryl-5-amino-4-imidazolecarboxamides to their hypoxanthine derivatives,Gazz-chem. Ital. accepted for publication (in press) (1988).Google Scholar