A genetic map ofSolanum phureja clone 1.22 constructed using RFLP and RAPD markers
A genetic map of a widely used haploid inducer,Solanum phureja clone 1.22, was constructed. One hundred and twenty-two RFLP and twenty RAPD marker bands were specific toS. phureja clone 1.22, and were mapped on 100 loci (five to eleven loci per chromosome) in the span of 606 cM. These would be useful to monitor the chromosomes of the haploid inducer that may be eliminated from triploid embryos of 4x × 2x during the process of haploid induction from potato.
Additional Key WordsRFLP RAPD haploid inducer linkage map chromosome elimination
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Gebhardt, C., E. Ritter, A. Barone, T. Debener, B. Walkemeier, U. Schachtschabel, H. Kaufmann, R.D. Thompson, M.W. Bonierbale, M.W. Ganal, S.D. Tanksley, and F. Salamini. 1991. RFLP maps of potato and their alignment with the homoeologous tomato genome. Theor Appl Genet 83:49–57.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Hermundstad, S.A. and S.J. Peloquin. 1985. Germplasm enhancement with potato haploids. J Hered 76:463–467.Google Scholar
- Jacobs, J.M.E., H.J. Van Eck, P. Arens, B. Verkerk-Bakker, B. te Lintel Hekkert, H.J.M. Bastiaanssen, A. El-Kharbotly, A. Pereira, E. Jacobsen, and W.J. Stiekema. 1995. A genetic map of potato (Solanum tuberosum) integrating molecular markers, including transposons, and classical markers. Theor Appl Genet 91:289–300.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Kosambi, D.D. 1944. The estimation of map distance from recombination values. Ann Eugen 12:172–175.Google Scholar
- Kotch, G.P., R. Ortiz, and S.J. Peloquin. 1992. Genetic analysis by use of potato haploid populations. Genome 35:103–108.Google Scholar
- Misoo, S., K. Matsuda, T. Yamada, K. Komura, M. Chaya, and O. Kamijima. 1997. Chromosome configuration of haploid level progeny derived from crossing potato cv. Chijiwa withSolanum phureja. Breed Sci 47(Suppl. 2):370.Google Scholar
- Peloquin, S.J., G.L. Yerk, J.E. Werner, and E. Darmo. 1989. Potato breeding with haploids and2n gametes. Genome 31:1000–1004.Google Scholar
- Ross, H. 1986. Potato breeding—problems and perspectives. Verlag Paul Parey, Berlin and Hamburg, pp 132.Google Scholar
- Tanksley, S.D., M.W. Ganal, J.P. Prince, M.C. de Vicente, M.W. Bonierbale, P. Broun, T.M. Fulton, J.J. Giovannoni, S. Grandillo, G.B. Martin, R. Messeguer, J.C. Miller, L. Miller, A.H. Paterson, O. Pineda, M.S. Röder, R.A. Wing, W. Wu, and N.D. Young. 1992. High density molecular linkage maps of the tomato and potato genomes. Genetics 132:1141–1160.PubMedGoogle Scholar