Effects of acupuncture at acupoint Neiguan (PC 6) and intravenous injection of Larginine on the improvement of acute myocardial ischemia
- 31 Downloads
Objective: The present study is to observe and compare the different effects of electro-acupuncture(EA) at acupoint Neiguan (PC 6), intravenous administration of L-arginine (L-Arg, a precursor of nitric oxide), and the drug administration combined with the EA on acute myocardial ischemia(AMI) in rats.Methods: The rat model of AMI was established by occlusion of the anterior descending branch of the left coronary artery, then the animals were divided randomly into 5 groups, i.e. control group, AMI group, L-Arg treatment group, EA treatment group and L-Arg plus EA treatment group, the mean arterial pressure(MAP), heart rate(HR) and the cardiac functions were observed and recorded.Results: The data showed that MAP, HR and all the indices of cardiac functions in the AMI group were significantly lower than those in control group, and the indices in each treatment group were all improved to different extents, especially in L-Arg plus EA treatment group.Conclusion: The combined use of L-Arg and EA had the better therapeutic effect on the AMI.
Key WordsLarginine Nitric oxide Electroacupuncture Myocardial Ischemia
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- LIU Ying, Yang Gao-xiong, LI Bao-luo. Effect of Larginic on Expression of Selectins in Rats with Acute Myocardial Infarction. Journal of Guiyang Medical College, 2000, 25(4): 331–334.Google Scholar
- SHEN Zhong-yuan, FEI Min-yi. Improvement of Larginine on Cardiac Ischemia in Submaximal Loading Test. Journal of Practical Electrocardiology, 2001, 10(6): 408–409.Google Scholar
- SHI Ming-yi, ZHOU Hua-zhu, YAN Li-ping, et al. Effect of Acupuncture at Neiguan (PC 6) on ECG of Acute Myocardial Ischemia in Rats with Severed Spinal Nerve Roots. Acta Academiae Medicine Xuzhou, 1998, 18(1): 46.Google Scholar
- LIN Wen-zhu. Experimental Acupuncture and Moxibustion. Shanghai Science and Technology Publishing House, Shanghai, 1994.Google Scholar
- LIU Yan-ling, CAI Kai-hua, TANG Hao. Establishment of an Animal Model and Improvement of Staining Method for Myocardial Infarction. Chinese Journal of Zoology, 2002, 37 (4): 39–40Google Scholar
- WANG Zhi-jian, ZHAO Shui-ping. Effect of Larginine on Endothelial Function in Patients with Chronic Heart Failure. Chinese Journal of Circulation, 2003, 18(2): 135–137.Google Scholar
- TIAN Yue-feng. Review of Protective effects of Acupuncture at Neiguan(PC 6) on the Heart. Journal of Clinical Acupuncture and Moxibustion, 1999, 15(10): 50–53.Google Scholar
- DING Qi-feng, YAN Xing-ke, YU Hai-ying, et al. Effects of Warming and Promoting Needling Method on Free Radicals in Serum and Myocardial Tissue in the Rat of Acute Myocardial Ischemia. Chinese Acupuncture and Moxibustion, 2003, 23(5): 295–297.Google Scholar
- SHI Ming-yi, CHEN Qi, ZHOU Hua-zhu. Study on Effect of Injection of Nitroglycerin into Point Neiguan (PC 6) on Alleviation of Acute Myocardial Ischemia in Rats. Chinese Acupuncture AND Moxibustion, 2002, 22(12): 833–836.Google Scholar
- HOU Jing-guo, LIU Hui-ling, HE Tian-xi, et al. Effect of Acupuncture on Monoamine Neurotransmitters in Plasma and Brain Tissue of Rabbit by Electrochemical Detection of High Performance Liquid Chromatography. Chinese Journal of Chromatography, 2002, 20(2): 140–143.Google Scholar