Study on the reaction mechanism of naphthalene with oxalyl chloride
- 71 Downloads
The reaction of naphthalene with oxalyl chloride in the presence of anhydrous AlCl3 was investigated. The homolog of dinaphthyl methanone can be obtained mainly from this reaction. Naphthalene conversion does not have evident correlation with the amount of AlCl3. The results show that the reaction proceeds via carbon cation electrophilic substitution reaction-free radical substitution reaction pathway.
Key wordsnaphthalene oxalyl chloride carboncation free radical reaction mechanism
CLC numberO 621
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Wang Bao-ren.Organic Synthetic Reactions. Beijing: Science Press, 1985 (Ch).Google Scholar
- Wu L.Coal Tar Seperation by Solvent Extraction and Direction Conversion of Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons. [Doctor Dissertation]. Xuzhou: Department of Energy Utilization and Chemical Engineering, China University of Mining and Technology, 2000, 6(Ch).Google Scholar
- Li Qiang, Li Hong-zhi, Su Hong-mei. UV Photolysis of Oxalyl Chloride and 2, 3-Butanedious Studied by Time-Resolved FTIR.Acta Physico-Chem. J, 1999,15(3): 259–264 (Ch).Google Scholar
- Chen Jie, Song Qi-ze.Organic Wave Spectrum Analysis, Beijing: Beijing University of Science and Technology Press. 1997, 4(Ch).Google Scholar
- Hu Wen-xiang, Yun Liu-hong, Zhang Lian-feng. Synthesis of Carbonyl Chlorides Substituted with Aromatic Dense Ring.Acta Pharmaceutica Sinica, 1997,32(9): 699–703 (Ch).Google Scholar