OWDP and its secure implementation
- 15 Downloads
Here we present one design based on OWDP for secure high-speed IP network performance monitor system. Based on the analysis of OWDP protocol and the high-speed IP network performance's real-time monitor infrastructure, the paper illustrates the potential security problems in OWDP and its possible weakness when applied in the monitor infrastructure. One secure improvement design based on Otway-Rees authentication protocol is put forward, which can improve the security of the implementation of OWDP and the monitor architecture. Having kept OWDP's simplicity and efficiency, the design satisfies the real-time demand of high-speed network performance monitor and will effectively safeguard the monitor procedure against intensive attacks.
Key wordsOWDP network performance monitoring identity authentication Otway-Rees protocol
CLC numberTP 393
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Kalidindi S OWDP: A Protocol to Measure One-Way Delay and Packet Loss.Surveyor Technical Report, 1998, STR-001: 1–14.Google Scholar
- The Surveyor Project Web Page. http://www.advanced.org/surveyor. 1998.Google Scholar
- Kalidindi S. Implementation of OWDP, Version I.Surveyor Technical Report, 1998, STR-002: 1–20.Google Scholar
- Otway D, Rees O. Efficient and Timely Mutual Authentication.Operation Systems Review, 1987,21(1): 64–81.Google Scholar
- Martin Abandi. Explicit Communication Revisited: Two New Attacks on Authentication Protocols.IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering, 1987,23 (3): 342–347.Google Scholar