Consideration of hydrodynamic characteristics, sediments & environmental problems of muddy coast in the construction of lianyungang Harbour
After nearly 20 years of construction, we have successfully solved a series of hydrologic sedimentary and environment problems encountered during the construction of the big deep water harbour in Lianyungang which can now accommodate ships of 5000 tonnage. With the economic development, the channel of 5000 tonnage will be built soon, and one of 10000 tonnage is under planning. The construction of the international container shipping hub at the harbour is being accelerated in anticipation of the opening of the second Eurasian land bridge. The future development of the harbour will give great impetus to the local economy of Lianyungang City and make it an international city.
Key wordsLianyungang Harbour muddy coast hydrodynamic sediments environment
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Chang Wanhand, 1984. An experimental study on the threshold movement and scouring properties of cohesion, Master's thesis, Hehai University. (in Chinese with English abstract)Google Scholar
- Chen Dechang, Jin Liu and Yu Zhiying, 1989. Lateral distribution of suspended sediments in nearshore water of muddy coast of Lianyungang Harbour.Oceanologia et Limnologia Sinica 20 (6): 544–553. (in Chinese with English abstract)Google Scholar
- Jin Liu, Yu Zhiying and Chen Dechang, 1987. The formation and erosion of the old Huanghe River submerged delta in northern Jiangsu Province.In: International Geomorphology(1986) part I, edited by V. Gardiner, Jone Wiley & Sons Ltd. 999–1008.Google Scholar
- Jin Liu, Yu Zhiying, Chen Dechang. 1985. A study on calculating method of deposition of channel dug on mud beach area,J. Sediment Research, China,2: 12–19.Google Scholar
- Migniot, G., 1968. Etude des proprietes physiques de differents sediments tres fins et de leur comportement sous des actions hydrodynamiques, LA Houille Blanche. 591–620. (in French)Google Scholar
- Sun Xianqing, Huang Jianwei, 1988. The physical properties of cohesive sediments.J. Nanjing Hydraulic Research Institute 1: 69–75. (in Chinese with English abstract)Google Scholar
- Yu Zhiying, Jin Liu, Zhang Yong et al., 1987. The hydrodynamical characteristics of nearshore waters and the discharging process of mud flat.Chin. J. Oceanal Limnol,5(2): 98–108.Google Scholar
- Yu Zhiying, Jin Liu, Chen Dechang, et al., 1990. Impact of dredged material disposal on environment of muddy coast, China.Ocean Engineering 4(3): 359–369.Google Scholar