The behavior of a chlorophyll mutant inSolanum vernei (Bitt. et Wittm.)
- 15 Downloads
In theSolatium vernei stocks at Cornell University a chlorophyll mutant was discovered, this deficient mutant was inherited by a single Mendelian recessive which was designated ‘gg’. Preliminary determinations of chlorophyll content showed that the mutant allele in its homozygous condition affected the quantity of chlorophyll in the leaf tissue.
KeywordsChlorophyll Chlorophyll Content AMERICAN Potato Journal Total Chlorophyll Total Chlorophyll Content
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Demerec, M. 1935. The behavior of chlorophyll in inheritance. Cold Spring Symp. Quant. Biol. 3: 80–87.Google Scholar
- 2.Haan, H. de 1933. Inheritance of chlorophyll deficiencies. Bibliogr. Genet. 10: 357–391.Google Scholar
- 3.Highkin, H. R. 1950. Chlorophyll studies on barley mutants. P1. Physiol. 25: 294–306.Google Scholar
- 4.Magoon, M. L. et al. Cytogenetic studies of someSolanums, sectionTuberarium. Am. J. Bot. 45: 207–221.Google Scholar
- 5.Official Methods of Analysis of the Association of Agricultural Chemists, 7th Edition. 1950. Spectrometric method for total chlorophyll. 111–115.Google Scholar