Structure of some liquid transition metals using integral equation theory
- 21 Downloads
We present the results of calculations of the structure factorS(q) of some liquid 3d transition metals using the self consistent hybridized mean spherical approximation (HMSA) integral equation. The local pseudopotential used is composed of the empty core model and a part that takes care of s-d mixing through an inverse scattering approach to model the interionic pair potential. The results presented are in very good agreement with experiment for most of the systems investigated near freezing, as well as for the noble metals Cu, Ag and Au, thus, confirming the reliability of the pseudopotential in the present integral equation scheme.
KeywordsLiquid transition metals integral equation theory
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- C Regnaut,Z. Phys. 179 (1989)Google Scholar
- Y Waseda,The structure of non-crystalline materials (New York, McGraw-Hill, 1981)Google Scholar
- G Pastore and G Kahl,J. Phys. F17, L267 (1987)Google Scholar
- J A Moriarty,Phys. Rev. A45, 3803 (1990)Google Scholar
- M T Huijben and van der Lugt,Acta Cryst. A35, 431 (1979)Google Scholar