Acupoint application on blood lipid in patients with type II diabetes
- 36 Downloads
Purpose: To observe the regulative effect of acupoint application of abnormal, lipid metabolism in type II diabetes. Methods: Thirty patients with type II diabetes were treated by acupoint application and routine hypoglycemic agents. Meanwhile, another 30 patients with type II diabetes were treated by routine hypoglycemic agents only. A differnece in the blood-lipid level between pretreatment and post-treatment was observed in the two groups. Results: Differences in cholesterol, triglyceride, low-density lipoprotein and high-density lipoprotein between pre-treatment and post-treatment in treatment group were significantly different from those in control group (P<0.01). Conclusion: Acupoint application has a good lowering effect on high blood lipid and can effectively alleviate the disorder of lipid metabolism in diabetics.
Key WordsDiabetes Mellitus Type II Hyperlipemia Acupoint Sticking Therapy Acupuncture Medication Combined
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- FAN Guan-jie, PENG Ying-hua. Clinical Research on the Combination of Acupuncture and Drugs on Blood Lipid in Patients with Non-insulin-dependent Diabetes. Chinese Acupuncture and Moxibustion, 1998, 18(3): 139.Google Scholar
- DAL Zi-ying. Practical Internal Medicine. 9th Edition. Beijing: People’s Health Publishing House, 1993: 639.Google Scholar
- ZHANG Ying-xin. Diabetes and the Method of Reinforcing Qi and Strengthening the Spleen. Journal of Shandong Traditional Chinese Medical College, 1995, (6): 391.Google Scholar
- XING Jiu. Treatment of Diabetes from “the Spleen” Analysis of the Curative effect in 30 cases. Research on TCM, 1997. (5): 18.Google Scholar
- ZHANG Zhao-yun. Informative Analysis on the Prevention of Hyperlipemia by TCM. Journal of Traditional Chinese Medical Information, 1994, (6): 33.Google Scholar