Scale breaking in neutrino scattering
- 15 Downloads
We consider two types of scale breaking models—one based on asymptotically free gauge theory and the other phenomenological—which have already been fitted to the electron and muon data. Their predictions for the neutrino scattering are worked out and the sensitivity on the model parameters and the input electron data studied. The effects of scale breaking at very lowQ 2 and of a finite longitudinal cross-section are incorporated in analogy withep data. The predictions are compared with the recent neutrino scattering data.
KeywordsAsymptotically free gauge theory phenomenological scale breaking quark and gluon distributions longitudinal and transverse cross-sections SU(3) breaking
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Altarelli G 1976Proceedings of the XI Recontre de Moriond ed Tran Van Tham (Orsay: CNRSGoogle Scholar
- Barger V 1975 Lectures given at McGill International Summer School, Wisconsin PreprintGoogle Scholar
- Barish B Cet al 1977Phys. Rev. Lett. 20 1313Google Scholar
- Choudhury D K 1976 TIFR Preprint (to appear inPhys. Rev.)Google Scholar
- Karliner I and Sullivan J D 1977 University of Illinois, Urbana Preprint (unpublished).Google Scholar
- Perkins D H 1975Proceedings of SLAC Lepton Photon Conference Google Scholar
- Riordon E Met al 1975 SLAC-PUB-1634Google Scholar
- Roy D P 1977Phys. Lett. B68 76 and TIFR PreprintGoogle Scholar
- SLAC Results 1977 Presented at Hamburg International ConferenceGoogle Scholar