Incoherent scattering functions of 145 keV gamma rays by K-shell electrons in Y, Ag and Au
- 21 Downloads
The values of incoherent scattering functions are determined experimentally for 145 keV gamma rays in elements Au, Ag and Y at scattering angles 40°, 70° and 100°, using a x-ray gamma coincidence technique. The corresponding theoretical values are obtained from the tabulations of Hubbellet al, and computed from the models of Jauch and Rohrlich and Shimizuet al. A comparison between the theoretical and experimental results showed that the non-relativistic approach adopted in the theory of Shimizuet al is inapplicable to the present cases. A gross agreement is noticed between the present experimental results and the other theoretical values.
KeywordsIncoherent scattering function relative photopeak efficiency x-ray-gamma ray coincidence
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Dilazzaro M A and Missoni G 1966ISS 66/6, 7, 8Google Scholar
- East L V and Lewis E R 1969Physics 44 595Google Scholar
- Hubbel J H, Veigele Wm J, Briggs E A, Brown R T, Cromer D T and Howerton R J 1975J. Phys. Chem. Ref. Data 4 No. 3Google Scholar
- Jauch and Rohrlich F 1955The theories of photons and electrons (Cambridge: Addison Wesley) p. 232Google Scholar
- Krishnareddy D V, Narasimhacharyulu E and Murty D S R 1970Proc. Indian Acad. Sci. A72 785Google Scholar
- Krishnareddy D V, Narasimhacharyulu E and Murty D S R 1971Indian J. Pure Appl. Phys. 9 305Google Scholar
- Ramalingareddy A, Lakshminarayana V and Swamy Jnanananda 1966Indian J. Pure Appl. Phys. 4 371Google Scholar
- Ramalingareddy A, Parthasaradhi K, Lakshminarayana V and Swamy Jnanananda 1968Indian J. Pure Appl. Phys. 4 371Google Scholar
- Spitale G C and Bloom S D 1974UCRL Reports 51596Google Scholar