Structure factor of liquid metals in one-component plasma system
We present the analytical expression to determine the static structure factorS(q) of liquid alkali metals based on the semi-analytic theory of Baus and Hansen. The calculations were motivated to point out the anomalies exhibited by one-component plasma system (ocp) in describing the structure factor. The numerical example of Na illustrates our results.ocp structure factor is also compared with those obtained by the hard sphere system.
KeywordsLiquid alkali metal one-component plasma system random phase approximation dielectric screening structure factor
PACS No.61.25 65.50
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Baus M and Hansen J P 1979J. Phys. C12 L55Google Scholar
- Chaturvedi D K, Rovere M, Senatore G and Tosi M P 1981Physica B111 11Google Scholar
- Hansen J P and McDonald J R 1976Theory of simple metals (New York: Academic Press) p. 167Google Scholar
- Itami T and Shimoji M 1984J. Phys. F14 L15Google Scholar
- Waseda Y 1980The structure of non-crystalline material (New York: McGraw Hill).Google Scholar