We consider here the metric for the singularity-free family of fluid models. The metric is unique for cylindrically symmetric space-time with metric potentials being separable functions of radial and time coordinates in the comoving coordinates. It turns out that fluid models separate out into two classes, withρ ≠µp in general butρ = 3p in particular andp =ρ. It is shown that in both the cases radial heat flow can be incorporated without disturbing the singularity-free character of the spacetime. The geodesics of the singularity-free metric are studied and the geodesic completeness is established. Several previously known solutions are derived as particular cases.
KeywordsGeneral relativity singularity-free models exact solutions
PACS Nos04·20 98·80
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- L K Patel and N Dadhich, IUCAA-21/92 Preprint (1992)Google Scholar
- L K Patel and N Dadhich,Class. Quantum Gravit. 10, L85 (1993)Google Scholar
- N Dadhich and L K Patel,On Uniqueness of non-singular inhomogeneous perfect fluid models, submitted for publicationGoogle Scholar
- N Dadhich, R Tikekar and L K Patel,Curr. Sci. 65, 9 (1993)Google Scholar
- L K Patel and N Dadhich, IUCAA-1/93 Preprint (1993)Google Scholar
- F A E Pirani,Gravitation: An introduction to current research, edited by L Witten (John Wiley, New York, 1962)Google Scholar