Rotational analysis ofA 1Π-X 1Σ+ bands of As14N and As15N: perturbation studies in theA 1Π state
- 21 Downloads
The ultraviolet bands ofA 1Π-X 1Σ+ system of As14N and its isotopic species As15N were excited in a quartz tube containing specpure nitrogen and traces of AsCl3 vapour, using a microwave discharge (2450 MHz). Bands of As15N were obtained using15N2 enriched to 95.5%. Rotational structure of several bands of As14N and As15N photographed under high dispersion (0.14 Å/mm) was reanalysed. Detailed studies of the observed perturbations in the levels ofν′ = 0 to 4 led to the identification of two3Σ− and aC 1Σ− states. Molecular parametersT e, ωe, ωexe, Beandα ewere determined for all the electronic states studied. Vibrational assignments of the perturbing levels were made using the isotope shift studies.
KeywordsPerturbations configuration molecular constants rotational analysis vibrational assignments
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- D’Incan J and Femelat B 1967C.R. Acad. Sci. 264 1261Google Scholar
- D’Incan J and Femelat B 1968C.R. Acad. Sci. 267 796Google Scholar
- Dixit M N, Krishnamurty G and Narasimham N A 1970Proc. Indian Acad. Sci. A71 23Google Scholar
- Herzberg G 1950Molecular spectra and molecular structure 1:Spectra of diatomic molecules (New York: Van Nostrand)Google Scholar
- Krishnamurty G and Thomas O 1976J. Pure Appl. Phys. 14 236Google Scholar