Dielectric behaviour of ketone-amine binary mixtures at microwave frequencies
- 23 Downloads
Values of dielectric constant (ε′) and loss factor (ε″) have been experimentally determined for binary liquid mixtures of ethyl methyl ketone+ethylenediamine and methyl isobutyl ketone+ethylenediamine at 9.44 GHz microwave frequencies at 30°C. The values ofε′ andε″ have been used to evaluate the molar polarization, apparent polarization and the excess permittivities. Excess refractive index, viscosity and activation energy of viscous flow have also been estimated. These parameters have been used to explain the formation of 1:1 complexes for both the systems.
KeywordsPolarization excess parameters dielectric behaviour methyl isobutyl ketone binary mixtures
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- J K Das and B B Swain,Indian J. Pure Appl. Phys. 33, 45 (1995)Google Scholar
- K Govindan and G Ravichandran,Indian J. Pure Appl. Phys. 32, 852 (1994)Google Scholar
- A N V Ravi Dhar and P S Sastry,Indian J. Pure Appl. Phys. 27, 178 (1989)Google Scholar
- C P Smyth,Dielectric behaviour and structure (McGraw Hill Book Co. Inc., New York, 1955)Google Scholar
- N E Hill, W E Vaughan, A H Price and M Davies,Dielectric properties and molecular behaviour (Van Nostrand Reinhold, London, 1968)Google Scholar
- D P Earp and S Glasstone,J. Chem. Soc. Part II, 1709 (1935)Google Scholar
- P J Singh and K S Sharma,Indian J. Pure Appl. Phys. 31, 721 (1993)Google Scholar
- P J Singh and K S Sharma,Indian J. Pure Appl. Phys. (in press)Google Scholar