Higher-order effects in large-angle coplanar symmetric (e, 2e) processes at high energies
- 16 Downloads
The triple differential cross-sections for the ionization of atomic hydrogen by fast electrons are considered in the case of a coplanar symmetric energy-sharing geometry. They are estimated in the modified Glauber (MG) approximation. It is found that MG results are significantly different from those in the second Born approximation only for 90°⩽ϑ⩽110°. Outside this range they are almost identical.
KeywordsIonization of hydrogen triple differential cross-section coplanar symmetric energy-sharing large angle higher order contribution modified Glauber approximation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Byron F W Jr and Joachain C J 1975J. Phys. B8 L284Google Scholar
- Byron F W Jr, Joachain C J and Piraux B 1980J. Phys. B13 L673Google Scholar
- Byron F W Jr, Joachain C J and Piraux B 1982J. Phys. B15 L293Google Scholar
- Byron F W Jr, Joachain C J and Piraux B 1983J. Phys. B16 L769Google Scholar
- Pochat A, Tweed R J, Peresse J, Joachain C J, Piraux B and Byron F W Jr. 1983J. Phys. B16 L775Google Scholar