A basis-free approach to time-reversal for symmetry groups
- 32 Downloads
We develop a basis-free approach to time-reversal for the quantal angular momentum group,SU2, and apply these methods to the physical symmetrySU2isospin,SU3flavor,SU3nuclear and the nuclear collective symmetry groupSL(3,R) of Gell-Mann and Tomonaga.
KeywordsTime reversal quantum mechanics
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- E P Wigner, Göttinger Nachrichten,Math. Nachr. 31, 546 (1932)Google Scholar
- (Private communication, 1968). cf. L C Biedenharn and P Truini, inElementary particles and the universe, essays in honor of Murray Gell-Mann, edited by John H Schwarz, Cambridge Univ. Press, (Cambridge, 1991) p. 157 ffGoogle Scholar
- L C Biedenharn and J D Louck,Angular momentum in quantum physics, Vol 8 in the Ency. Math and Applications (edited by G-C Rota), (Cambridge Univ. Press, Cambridge, 1991)Google Scholar
- M Gell-Mann and Y Ne’eman,The Eightfold way, (W A Benjamin, Inc., New York, 1964)Google Scholar
- J D Louck and L C Biedenharn,Adv. Quantum Chem. 23, 129 (1992)Google Scholar
- The behaviour ofε under conjugation is not fully known. It is known  that for the first occurrence of multiplicity (in the 27-plet) the twoL=2 states are split by a ± sign underC a Google Scholar
- G Rosensteel, inGroup theory and special symmetries in nuclear physics (World Scientific, Singapore, 1992) pp. 332Google Scholar