Electrical resistance and dielectric constant anomaly in the critical liquid mixture methanol + cyclohexane
- 50 Downloads
The electrical resistanceR and the dieletric constant э of the critical binary liquid mixture methanol plus cyclohexane has been measured near the critical point at five different spot frequencies from 10–100 kHz. The data are analysed using a nonlinear least squares routine. The fit is equally good for ana (=0·1) divergence or a 1 −v (=0·35) divergence of dR/dT and dэ/dT. Additional reasons are advanced to indicate that thea divergence is a better description.
KeywordsElectrical resistance dielectric constant critical phenomena
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bevington P R 1969Data reduction and error analysis for the physical sciences (New York: McGraw-Hill)Google Scholar
- Gunasekaran M K and Gopal E S R 1982Eighth symp. on thermophysical properties, Maryland. (ed) J V Sengers. p. 474Google Scholar
- Kumar A, Krishnamurthy H R and Gopal E S R 1982Equilibrium critical phenomena in binary liquid mixtures. NTPP Report (unpublished)Google Scholar
- Scott R L 1982 (private communication)Google Scholar
- Shetty C, Gunasekaran M K, Vani V, Jyothi S and Gopal E S R 1981Nucl. Phys. Solid State Phys. Symp. C24 347Google Scholar
- Shetty C, Gunasekaran M K, Vani V, Jyothi Balakrishnan, Guha S and Gopal E S R 1982Second National Conference on Dielectrics and Ferroelectrics, Raipur, IndiaGoogle Scholar
- Stanley H E 1971Introduction to phase transitions and critical phenomena. (New York: Oxford University Press)Google Scholar
- Wegner F J 1972Phys. Rev. 135 4529Google Scholar