Refractive indices and related properties of some potential mixed crystals
- 32 Downloads
The high frequency refractive indices of some binary, ternary and quaternary mixed crystals have been evaluated from the knowledge of plasmon energy and the lowest gap energy of the crystals for their applications in heterojunctionled and solar cells. The Fermi energy screening factor correction has been applied to effect accuracy in prediction. The model has been used to study the temperature and pressure dependence of refractive index. The calculated value agrees with experiment (within a few percent) justifying the validity of the model.
KeywordsRefractive index chalcopyrites quaternary thermo-optic coefficient isobaric coefficient mixed crystals
PACS No.42.70 78.20 D
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Casey H C Jr and Panish M B 1978Heterostructure lasers (New York: Academic Press)Google Scholar
- CRC Handbook of lasers 1977 (Cleveland, Ohio: CRC Press)Google Scholar
- Driscoll W G 1978Handbook of optics (New York: McGraw-Hill)Google Scholar
- Goryunova N A 1965The chemistry of diamond-like semiconductors (London: Chapman and Hill)Google Scholar
- Landolt-Bornstein 1979Numerical data and functional relationship in S and T (Berlin: Springer-Verlag) Vol 2Google Scholar
- Martiner G 1980 inOptical properties of solids (ed.) Balkanskii M Vol 2Google Scholar
- Rabindra N M, Auluck S and Srivastava V K 1979Phys. Status Solidi B93 K155Google Scholar
- Santik B, Celustka B, Popovic S and Grezeta Plenkovic B 1980Fizika 12 80Google Scholar
- Shay J L and Wernick J H 1975Ternary chalcopyrite semiconductors: Growth, electronic properties and applications (Oxford: Pergamon Press)Google Scholar
- Takashi I, Mori K, Mizute M and Kukimoto H 1983Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. Lett. 22 L191Google Scholar