The Heisenberg ferromagnet in spin coherent state representation
- 53 Downloads
A new approach to Heisenberg ferromagnet using the spin coherent state representation is developed. The differential operator representation of spin angular momentum operators is used to derive thec-number analogs of the basic quantum mechanical equations, viz., the Schrödinger, Bloch and Liouville equations for the Heisenberg ferromagnet. As an important illustration of our formulation, which has noad hoc assumptions and does not use any boson representation, the excitation spectrum for one, two and three spin waves is obtained. In these cases it is also shown that eigenvalue spectrum can be obtained by completely ignoring the kinematical interactions.
KeywordsHeisenberg ferromagnet spin coherent states
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Agarwal G S 1973Progress in Optics ed E Wolf (Amsterdam: North Holland) Vol. 11, p. 1.Google Scholar
- Akhiezer A I, Baryakhtar V V and Peletiminiskii S V 1969Spin Waves translated by S Chomet (Amsterdam: North Holland)Google Scholar
- Gilmore R 1976J. Phys. A9 L65Google Scholar
- Haake F 1973Springer Tracts in Modern Physics (New York: Springer-Verlag) Vol. 66, p. 98Google Scholar
- Haken H 1970Laser Theory Handbuch der Phys. (New York: Springer-Verlag), Vol. 25/2cGoogle Scholar
- Rogovin D, Scully M O and Lee P A 1973Progress in Quantum Electronics 215Google Scholar
- Shastry B S 1977 UnpublishedGoogle Scholar
- Vilenkin N J 1968Special Functions and the Theory of Group Representations (American Math. Society) Chap. III section 2Google Scholar