Quantum chromodynamics corrections to polarised deep-inelastic electron-nucleon scattering
- 16 Downloads
Quantum chromodynamics corrections to orderα s (the running coupling constant), using the quark-parton approach are calculated for the spin-dependent structure functions in deep-inelastic polarised electron-nucleon scattering. Consequences of these corrections for the Bjorken sum rule and the asymmetry in the case of longitudinally polarised (with respect to the beam) nucleons is discussed which could provide possible tests of quantum chromodynamics. Comparison of our results with the moments of the flavour non-singlet contribution to the structure functions obtained using operator product expansion is also given.
KeywordsQuantum chromodynamics parton model deep inelastic theory strong interactions quark-parton approach electron-nucleon scattering
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Altarelli G, Ellis R K and Martinelli G 1979 MIT Preprint No. CTP 776 (Nucl. Phys. to be published)Google Scholar
- Buras A 1979 FNAL Preprint No. FERMILAB-PUB-79/17-THYGoogle Scholar
- Feynman R P 1972Photon-hadron interactions (New York: WA Benjamin)Google Scholar
- Jauch J M and Rohrlich F 1955The theory of photons and electrons (Cambridge, Mass: Addison-Wesley)Google Scholar
- Kodaira Jet al 1978 Kyoto Univ. Preprint No. RIFP-348Google Scholar