Model for infrared and Raman studies of molecular rotations in liquids and gases
- 31 Downloads
Experimental infrared and Raman data for molecular rotations in dense phases often lie in between the results predicted by theJ- andM-diffusion models of Gordon. In this paper, we present a theory which is similar in its basic approach to Gordon’s extended diffusion models (EDM) but in which the restrictions of theJ andM limits are removed. The outcome is a scheme which allows one to describe situations which fall between the two extreme pictures of theJ andM models. Application of this scheme to experiments is discussed.
KeywordsMolecular rotations infrared line shapes Raman line shapes generalised extended diffusion models
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Abramowitz and Stegun I A 1965Handbook of mathematical functions (New York: Dover)Google Scholar
- Balakrishnan V 1979Pramana 13 Google Scholar
- Berne B J and Pecora R 1976Dynamic light scattering (New York: John Wiley)Google Scholar
- Dattagupta S 1977cNucl. Phys. Solid State Phys. (India) A20 19Google Scholar
- Gordon R G 1968Adv. Magn. Reson. 3 1Google Scholar
- Krynicki K and Powles J G 1972J. Magn. Reson. 6 539Google Scholar
- McClung R E D 1977Adv. Mol. Relaxation Processes 10 88Google Scholar