Instability of the plasma oscillations in finite temperature perturbative QCD
We use linear-response dielectric theory to show that the baryon-poor QCD plasma based on the perturbative vacuum is unstable, even at a high temperature. If deconfinement occurs in nuclear collisions or the early universe, it is not accompanied by the restoration of the perturbative vacuum.
KeywordsQuark gluon plasma instability at finite temperature perturbative QCD linear response dielectric theory
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Fetter A L and Walecka J D 1971Quantum theory of many-particle systems (New York: McGraw-Hill)Google Scholar
- Landau L and Lifshitz E M 1961Statistical physics (Reading, Massachussetts: Addison-Wesley) p. 387Google Scholar
- Lopez J A 1986 Ph.D. Dissertation, Texas A & M UniversityGoogle Scholar
- Lopez J A, Parikh J C and Siemens P J 1985 Texas A & M University preprintGoogle Scholar
- Siemens P J and Jensen A S 1987Elements of nuclei (Reading, Mass: Addison-Wesley) ch. 8Google Scholar