Relativistic mean-field description of the ground-state nuclear properties
- 39 Downloads
The results of the relativistic mean field (RMF) calculations are presented for the ground-state properties of characteristic deformed nuclei covering the entire periodic table. The representative cases in the 2s − 1d, rare-earth and actinide regions are explicitly considered. The pairing correlations are considered in the constant gap approximation. It is observed that the set of parameters appearing in the Lagrangian chosen to reproduce the ground-state properties of nuclear matter and spherical doubly magic nuclei, also turns out to give a very satisfactory description of light- and heavy-deformed nuclei.
KeywordsRelativistic mean field deformed nuclei Dirac spinors Klein-Gordon bosons binding energy root mean square radii quadrupole moments
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Furnstahl R J and Serot B D 1986 Nuclear Theoretical Centre, Indiana Univ., Report No. 86-3Google Scholar
- Price M W 1986aProc. of the Los Alamos Workshop on relativistic dynamics and quark nuclear physics (eds) B Johnson and A Pickesimer (New York: John Wiley) p. 363Google Scholar
- Price M W 1986b Ph.D. Thesis, Indiana University (unpublished)Google Scholar
- Reinhard P G, Rufa M, Maruhn J, Greiner W and Friedrich J 1986Z. Phys. A323 13Google Scholar
- Serot B D and Walecka J D 1983Adv. Nucl. Phys. 16 1 (and references cited therein)Google Scholar