A relation between X-ray diffraction based liquid structure and packing coefficient
- 23 Downloads
A relation between the liquid structure and the molecules packing coefficient has been derived on the grounds of the experimental results of X-ray diffraction studies. The packing coefficientk was assumed to be a criterion of correctness of the structural models of 2-methyl-1-propanol and 2-methyl-2-propanol based on experimental results. This coefficient was estimated from the specific volumes of moleculesV 0, volumes of elementary pseudocellsV and the number of molecules comprised into these pseudocells. The volumesV of pseudocells were estimated from the same X-ray diffraction pattern as was used for determination of the liquid structure. The determined values of the packing coefficient support the chain-like structure of associates of liquid 2-methyl-1-propanol and reject the chain-like structure for liquid 2-methyl-2-propanol.
KeywordsX-ray scattering pattern molecules packing coefficient structural model of the liquid
PACS Nos78.70 61.20
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Kozhin W M 1968Zh. Strukt. Khi. 9 671Google Scholar
- Mikusińska-Planner A 1979Acta Phys. Polon. A55 11Google Scholar
- Mikusińska-Planner A 1983Acta Crystallogr. B39 394Google Scholar
- Mikusińska-Planner A 1983Acta Phys. Polon. A64 461Google Scholar
- Van Meerssche M and Feneau-Dupont J 1976Introduction a la cristallographie et a la chimie structurale (Leuven: OYEZ) chap. 2.2Google Scholar
- Vyrodov I P, Budko P S and Dyerkatch L W 1964Zh. Phis. Khi. 38 232Google Scholar