Fluctuations in12C+24Mg elastic and inelastic scattering
The data on the ϑc.m.=180° excitation functions of12C+24Mg,12C* (4.43 MeV)+24Mg and12C+24Mg*(1.36 MeV) from 12.27 to 22.80 MeV, 16.53 to 27.47 MeV, and 11.33 to 26.40 MeV(c.m.) respectively have been subjected to statistical analysis. The effect of averaging interval, employed for data reduction, on the coherence widths as obtained from the autocorrelation function has been studied. The fluctuating features of the cross-sections turn out to be consistent with the statistical model expectations.
KeywordsStatistical analysis probability distributions cross-correlation-coefficients coherence widths
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Eberhard K A and Richter A 1972 inStatistical properties of nuclei (ed.) J B Garg (New York: Plenum) p. 139Google Scholar
- Meyer-Kuckuk T 1964Proceedings of the Summer Meeting of Nuclear Physicists (ed.) N Cindro (Federal Nuclear Commission of Yugoslavia) p. 167Google Scholar
- Richter A 1974 inNuclear spectroscopy and reactions (ed.) J Cerny (New York: Academic Press) p. 343Google Scholar
- Singh R 1983Z. Phys. A311 99Google Scholar
- Stokstad R G 1974 inProceedings of the International Conference on Reactions between Complex Nuclei (ed.) R L Robson (Amsterdam: North Holland) p. 33Google Scholar