Temperature dependence of luminescence emission from cerium and europium doped MgO under x-ray excitation
Temperature dependence of luminescence emission from cerium- and europiumdoped MgO is reported. The emission intensity changes with increase in the phosphor temperature. The phosphor showed peaks in the brightness-temperature curves. The intensities at static temperatures were always lower, indicating that temperature quenching occurs in almost all cases. The same is also evident from spectral distribution curves obtained at different temperatures.
KeywordsTemperature dependence spectral distribution temperature quenching trapping groups
PACS Nos78.55 78.60
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bapat M N and Sivaraman S 1983Indian J. Pure Appl. Phys. 21 247Google Scholar
- Bapat M N and Sivaraman S 1985Indian J. Pure Appl. Phys. 23 287, 514, 558Google Scholar
- Botden Th P J 1952Phillips Res. Rep. 7 197Google Scholar
- Haake C H 1957J. Appl. Phys. 24 1306Google Scholar
- Leverenz H W 1968An introduction to luminescence of solids (New York: Dover) p. 141Google Scholar
- Luchner K and Winklmair D 1966Proc. Int. Conf. on Luminescence (Budapest: Akadeimi Kiado) p. 1610Google Scholar
- Medlin W L 1968Thermoluminescence of geological materials (New York: Academic Press) p. 139, 193Google Scholar