Flexible fiberoptic bronchoscopy
- 35 Downloads
The value of flexible fiberoptic bronchoscopy in children are increasing day by day, but still underutilized even in many advanced institutions. 630 Fiberoptic bronchoscopy procedures under local anaesthesia were performed for various clinical conditions for diagnosis and therapy. Nasal route is preferred than oral route. Therapeutic indications, are more in children than adults. Nearly one third of children with collapse, consolidation have shown radiological clearance after repeated bronchoscopy.
Key wordsFiberoptic bronchoscope Bronchoalveolar lavage
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.Official statement of American Thoracic. Society-Flexible endoscopy of the pediatric airway.Am Rev Respir Dis 1992; 145: 233–235.Google Scholar
- 7.Wood RE. Spelunking in the pediatric airways; explorations with the flexible fiberoptic bronchoscope symposium on pediatric airway.Ped. Clin of North America, 1984; 31 (4): 785–799.Google Scholar
- 8.Robert A, Goldstein Prastiant Ket al. Clinical role of broncho alveolar lavage in adults with pulmonary disease.Am. Rev. Respir Dis 1990; 142: 481–486.Google Scholar
- 9.Reyonlds HY. State of the art: Broncho alveolar lavage.Am Rev Respir Dis. 1987; 135: 250–263.Google Scholar
- 11.Somu N, Swaminathan S, Paramasivan CN, Vijayasekaran D, Chandrabushanam A, Vijayan VK. Value of broncho alveolar lavage and gastric lavage in the diagnosis of pulmonary tuberculosis in children:Tubercle and Lung Disease (accepted for publication September 1995).Google Scholar
- 12.Reynolds HY. Interstitial lung diseases in Harrisons principles of Internal Medicine edit Isselbacher KJ. 13th, edition vol. 2: 1206–1211.Google Scholar
- 13.Frankel LR, Smith DW, Lowiston NJ. Bronchoalveolar lavage for diagnosis of pneumonia in the immuno compromised child.Pediatr 1988; 81: 785–788.Google Scholar
- 14.Waring WW. Diagnostic and therapeutic procedures in Kendigs disorders of the respiratory tract in children ed. Cherinick V. Kendig EL. Fifth edition 1990 WB Saunders Company 77–96.Google Scholar