Synergism in the extraction of scandium
- 19 Downloads
Synergism in the extraction of scandium by a mixture of di-2-ethylhexyl phosphoric acid and a β-diketone has been studied. The nature of the extracted species has been investigated. The effect of temperature on extraction has been studied and synergism has been explained on the basis of thermodynamic parameters of the extraction process.
KeywordsSynergism scandium thermodynamic parameters
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Baes C F Jr. 1963Nucl. Sci. Eng. 16 405Google Scholar
- Marcus Y and Kertes A S 1969Ion exchange and solvent extraction of metal complexes (London: Wiley Interscience)Google Scholar
- Parsons R 1959Handbook of electrochemical constants (London: Butterworths)Google Scholar
- Peppard D F 1966Advances in inorganic chemistry and radiochemistry eds H J Emeleus and A G Sharpe (New York: Academic Press)9 1Google Scholar
- Pushparaja, Sudersanan M 1978Proc. Indian Acad. Sci. A87 465Google Scholar
- Pushparaja, Sudersanan M and Sundaram A K 1979Symp. solvent extraction of metals, BombayGoogle Scholar
- Shigematsu T, Wake R, Honjyo T and Matsui M 1968Bull. Inst. Chem. Res. Kyoto Univ. 46 269Google Scholar
- Sudersanan M and Sundaram A K 1977Indian J. Chem. A15 734Google Scholar