Completely continuous and related multilinear operators
- 24 Downloads
Completely continuous multilinear operators are defined and their properties investigated. This class of operators is shown to form a closed multi-ideal. Unlike the linear case, compact multilinear operators need not be completely continuous. The completely continuous maps are shown to be the closure of a subspace of the finite rank operators. Hilbert-Schmidt operators are also considered. An application to finding error bounds for solutions of multipower equations is presented.
KeywordsBanach Space Continuous Operator Finite Rank Reflexive Banach Space Multilinear Operator
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Antosik P., Swartz C.,Matrix Methods in Analysis, Lecture Notes in Mathematics 1113, Springer-Verlag, 1985.Google Scholar
- Argyros I. K.,On the approximation of solutions of compact operator equations in Banach space, Proyecciones,14 (1988), 29–46.Google Scholar
- Braunß A., Junek H.,Bilinear mappings and operator ideals, Rend. Circ. Mat. Palermo, Suppl.10 (1985), 25–35.Google Scholar
- Chandrasekhar S.,Radiative Transfer, Dover, New York, 1960.Google Scholar
- Pietsch A.,Ideals of multilinear functionals, Proc. of the II Intern. Conf. on Operator Ideals and their Applic. in Theoretical Physics, Leipzig, 1983.Google Scholar
- Pietsch A.,Operator Ideals, Deutscher Verlag der Wissenschaften, Berlin, 1979.Google Scholar
- Wang J.,A cubic spline wavelet basis of C[0,1], preprint, 1994.Google Scholar